This week’s episode of Restaurant Impossible finds Robert Irvine and the crew at the SiP Bistro in Holly Springs, N.C. for another epic ambush.
Justin and Sarah Hummell opened the SiP Bistro just three years ago, but the restaurant is already in trouble.
Sarah has a background in hotel and restaurant management, however, her husband Justin is demeaning to the entire staff and hasn’t allowed Sarah to take control or make decisions.
Robert is faced with mending a relationship while at the same time finding a happy balance of control. On the makeover side of the mission, Robert and his team must complete a full dining room renovation while finding a way to make the bistro’s extremely small kitchen as efficient as possible.
Previous to opening the SiP Bistro, the Hummells operated the Cafe Roche Espresso Bar in Winston-Salem.
It’s also important to note that Justin is a firefighter in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. You can check out Justin’s personal Facebook page for more personal look at his life. Sarah also has a personal Facebook page, but isn’t as active as Justin.
The Sip Bistro ambush and makeover took place on February 10 and 11, 2016.
Marc Summers, the show’s executive producer told the News & Observer that he thought “Sarah’s heart was going to come out of her chest” at the time of the ambush. “Justin started to tear up, which was fascinating,” Summers said.
“People think this stuff isn’t real. It’s absolutely 100 percent real.”
You can check out the SiP Bistro’s website to get and idea of the fare they offer. The bistro also has a Facebook page and a Twitter account that isn’t utilized to its full potential. The SiP Bistro’s Instagram account is more active and features great photos from the restaurant.
Robert Irvine and Sarah Hummell sat down for an interview with a local TV morning show host as the makeover was taking place. That interview provides great insight into the problems the SiP Bistro was facing before Robert’s intervention and can be viewed below.
The Reviews are in
Here’s a sample of some of the positive reviews:
- Drove about an hour to try this place out and were very happy we did! It has a decent wine list and the service was very attentive.
- Love this place. The wine choices, the charcuterie and interesting sandwiches make a great change from the normal breakfast, lunch and dinner fare that you come to expect in the USA.
- Went with 3 girlfriends for a nice evening – we did have it. Music was really nice, not too loud.
- Awesome wine at Sip…IX Spaceman, Moon Duck was amazing!!! Food was delish! Highly recommend this small town Bistro.
- One of my favorite places in Holly Springs. I’ve been for breakfast and lunch and everything I’ve tried has been delicious.
- After 2 successful Sunday brunches at SiP Bistro, it is finally time to update my review. Overall, if you are looking for a quick lunch or scrumptious brunch then SiP Bistro is your place!
Here’s a look at some of the negative reviews since the February makeover:
- The remodel looks really nice and we had high hopes. Unfortunately, we went for dinner and left hungry. There are only small plate selections and we were hoping for a meal.
- On Facebook Sip listed for St Patricks day 3 Irish food items they would be serving. We wanted the Reuben. We were told they only served it for lunch. Why,?? Why didn’t they say that on Facebook then? Very disappointed.
Restaurant Impossible “Out of Control” airs Wednesday, April 13 on Food Network at 10:00 p.m. ET.
Here’s a look at some of the social media action that was taking place during the Restaurant Impossible mission at SiP Bistro.
Check out this video of Restaurant Impossible designer Taniya Nayak taking a ride on a piece of new furniture destined for the SiP Bistro
Here’s a look at Taniya Nayak posing for a photo with Robert Irvine during the SiP Bistro makeover.
It’s been over 5 years working w this big guy @chefirvine. He’s been a mentor, advisor, friend, supporter, and motivator to me and so many others. I have such #gratitude for the experiences and friendships/family that I have gained in my life with you and the rest of the amazing gang at #restaurantimpossible. Love ya!! ❤️
A photo posted by taniyanayak (@taniyanayak) on
More photo action with the crew at the Sip Bistro makeover
Here’s a look at a new design element installed at the SiP Bistro during the makeover
Some photos taken during the Sip Bistro reveal party
Fans taking a selfie with Robert Irvine during the Sip Bistro reveal party
A photo posted by Lori Mayes (@ljmayes) on
Here’s Tom Bury posing with fans