McDonald’s restaurants in the Northern California area are the first to test three new espresso-based beverages that include a hot and iced Caramel Macchiato, French Vanilla Cappuccino and Americano.
For testing, McDonald’s restaurants in the Sacramento, Stockton, and Modesto area added new McCafé equipment to enhance the specialty coffee drink experience, including mochas, lattes, and hot chocolate.
Here’s a closer look at the three new specialty coffees:
- Caramel Macchiato features espresso blended with whole or nonfat milk and smooth caramel flavor, topped with caramel drizzle. This drink is served both hot and iced.
- French Vanilla Cappuccino consists of espresso paired with steamed whole or nonfat milk, vanilla flavored with a layer of creamy foam.
- Americano is a freshly brewed espresso topped with hot water, creating a dark and strong flavor.
As part of the limited promotion, from March 20, through March 26, participating test locations will be offering a small cup of the new Macchiato, Cappuccino, and Americano McCafé beverages for $1 each.
McDonald’s restaurants participating in the test of the new beverages reside in the following counties:
- El Dorado (not including S. Lake Tahoe restaurants)
- Solano (not including restaurants west of Fairfield)
- San Joaquin
Image – McDonald’s