On tonight’s episode of Bar Rescue, Jon Taffer and crew travel to Chalmette, Louisiana, in an effort to rescue Desi Romano’s Sports Bar & Grill. During the rescue Jon decided to keep the name of Desi Romano’s Sports Bar & Grill. The rescue was completed in the first week of October, 2016.
Owned by Desi Romano and managed by his daughter Lindsey, Desi Romano’s Sports Bar & Grill enjoyed initial success, but things quickly went downhill after Desi suffered a stroke that put him out of operation for several months.
Without Desi’s larger than life personality at the bar, business began to suffer as regulars stopped dropping by. After a four month absence Desi was finally well enough to return to work. But Desi had changed, becoming uncaring and adopting a lackadaisical attitude that spread to his staff. To make matters worse, Desi turned to drinking and allowed his staff to run open tabs for themselves.
A Closer Look
- Here’s Desi Romano’s Sports Bar & Grill Facebook page
- Here’s bar owner Desi Romano’s personal Facebook page
- Desi’s wife, and bar co-owner Tina Conino Romano is also active on Facebook
- Here’s a look at Lindsey Romano’s Facebook page (Desi’s daughter and bar manager)
- You can also check out bartender Bethany Schaubhut Vieregge’s personal Facebook page
- Bartender and server Kassy DuRapau is also active on her Facebook page
- Other bar staff active on Facebook include Jeffrey Reed, Jeffrey R Reed, Cherelle Treadaway and Desiree Mancuso
The Reviews Are In
Let’s take a look at some excerpts from a sample of Yelp reviews for Desi Romano’s Sports Bar & Grill since the rescue:
- First time here even though we are locals. Weeknight dinner. Service was pretty good though could have been a tad bit more attentive.
- Did enjoy the specialty hamburgers they have until this last time. I was with a group of coworkers, got finished with the meal then found a roach at the bottom of my tea glass after I drank at least two servings of it.
- I enjoy Desi, but the food needs to be reinvented. I am not sure if they take the pride of people coming back, but can’t be if you get me 3 sliced cucumbers and 3 cherry tomatoes…
Bar Rescue Desi, You Got Some 'Splainin' To Do
Bar Rescue - Desi, You Got Some 'Splainin' To Do
It just goes to prove that despite having over two decades of experience in the bar industry, a health issue can take down even the most experienced bar operator.
Desi, You Got Some ‘Splainin’ To Do Episode Promo Videos
Jon Taffer Is Behind You!
Demi Romano’s Bar Is In Trouble
Image – YouTube