Starbucks is offering a new lunch menu in select locations that they’re calling Mercato, which means “marketplace” in Italian. The new menu features a selection of grab-and-go salads, hearty sandwiches and sides.
The Mercato menu is currently being offered in more than 100 Starbucks locations in downtown Chicago. While Chicago is the first market to offer Mercato, the brand plans to expand the menu to other US markets in the future.
The Mercato menu features both half and full sandwiches, salads and a variety of sides such as fruit cups and yogurt parfaits. The menu varies by store location and includes:
- Za’atar Chicken & Lemon Tahini Salad: Herbed chicken with Za’atar spice, ancient grains, chunky cucumber tzatziki, marinated carrots, chopped romaine and lemon tahini dressing.
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad: Chopped parsley, mint, cucumber, tomato and riced cauliflower with fresh lemon juice on arugula.
- Seared Steak & Mango Salad: Seared flank steak, minted mango, pickled onion, cucumbers, carrot slaw over rice noodles, and chopped peanuts served over romaine lettuce with red curry vinaigrette.
- Herbed Chicken & Fig Spread Sandwich: Herbed chicken breast with a flavorful fig spread and arugula, made complete with whole grain mustard ricotta on Ficelle bread.
- Smoked Pork Cubano Sandwich: Smoked pork loin, pulled pork, swiss cheese, jalapeno whole grain dijonaise, and dill pickle on flatbread.
- Crunchy Almond Butter, Strawberries & Jam Sandwich: Chunky almond butter, strawberry jam and fresh strawberry slices on Bavarian wheat bread.
Images – Starbucks