We’ve seen refrigerators with built-in ice makers and refrigerators with built-in flat panel televisions, but now we have something very different – a refrigerator that brews hot coffee.
Story continues below
GE’s new Cafe Series refrigerator line is now available with a built-in Keurig K Cup brewing system to make single cups of coffee, tea and other specialty beverages.
It’s going to feel strange going to the fridge for a steamy hot cup of coffee, but the Chew Boom crew could get used to one of these sweet iceboxes the office. Hint.. hint…
The fridge is available at Lowe’s stores and independent retailers nationwide for $3,300.
Additional features include:
- Fresh, filtered water every time with no need to refill
- The built-in system frees up counter space, something that’s a premium in many kitchens, and the Keurig K-Cup brewer is dishwasher safe
- First-of-its-kind water filtration system, tested and verified by an independent third party to remove 98 percent of five trace pharmaceuticals from water2
- GE connected technology, allowing consumers to preset the brew time via their mobile device so the water in the reservoir is ready and waiting
- Water-dispensing flow rate and temperature designed to make the optimal cup of coffee, tea or other single-serve beverages
- ENERGY STAR certification, meeting minimum efficiency standards for refrigerators and freezers and using as much energy as a cellphone does to charge overnight