We’ve never been accused of sugarcoating food news stories. Well, at least until now. A birthday boy got a rude awakening on his special day as he blew out the candles on what appears to be somewhat of an underachieving homemade birthday cake.
Story continues below
We’re not entirely sure what kind of cake it is, but we are sure that someone sprinkled it with a generous amount of powdered sugar. If you’re not familiar what happens when fine particles of powdered sugar become suspended in the air near an open flame, just take a look at the video below.
It’s commonly referred to as rapid combustion and it almost cost this birthday boy his eyebrows.