Beginning next month, celebrities will be testing their cooking skills when they step into their favorite restaurant for a culinary crash course – cooking on the line with their favorite chef, in the new Food Network series Star Plates.
Story continues below
The celebrity chefs will work side-by-side with a professional restaurant chef to learn how to make their favorite dishes. But that’s not all – they will also have to help serve a dining room full of hungry, paying customers.
For the premier episode, actress Mindy Kaling partners with Marcus Samuelsson at Red Rooster in Harlem, New York, to make Fried Chicken Royale.
Here’a look at this season’s celebrity-and-chef teams:
- Mindy Kaling at Marcus Samuelsson’s Red Rooster
- Erin Andrews at Susan Feniger’s at Border Grill
- Alyson Hannigan at Michael Voltaggio’s Ink
- Colin Hanks at Vinny Dotolo’s Animal
- Busy Philipps at Dakota Weiss’ Estrella
- Minka Kelly at Geoffrey Zakarian’s Georgie
Star Plates premieres on Tuesday, September 27, at 11 p.m. on Food Network and will run for 6 weeks.
Image – Food Network