General Mills kicks off 2017 with the introduction of a slew of new products designed to satisfy today’s modern and growing consumer snacking trends.
Story continues below
According to Jeanine Bassett, vice president of Global Consumer Insights at General Mills, one of the biggest shifts in consumer eating habits has been in the area of weight management. The latest new products address this demand while still making room for indulgent treats.
Here is a closer look at some of the new products launching worldwide this month:
- Very Berry Cheerios – Features gluten free Cheerios, plus the taste of real fruit – strawberry, raspberry and blueberry – in every bite. No colors from artificial sources. No artificial flavors. No high fructose corn syrup.
- Yoplait Custard – Back by popular demand, Yoplait Custard makes its return after a 10-year hiatus. The silky smooth custard-style yogurt is made from whole milk and available in six flavors including Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry, Banana, Lemon, and Caramel. No colors or flavors from artificial sources. No high fructose corn syrup. Made with dairy free of rBGH/rBST growth hormones.
- Nature Valley Granola Cups – For people demanding more from their snacks, Nature Valley Granola Cups combine flavors like Peanut Butter Chocolate and Almond Butter with harder-working, wholesome ingredients like oats. No colors from artificial sources. No artificial flavors. No artificial sweeteners.
- Nature Valley XL Bars – Supersized for maximum hunger, these Sweet & Salty XL bars from Nature Valley come in Pretzel, Peanut & Chocolate; Peanut; Chocolate Nut & Seed varieties. Made with satisfying ingredients like almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pretzels and chocolate chunks.
- Fiber One Layered Chewy Bars – Each bar combines layers of crisped grains, drizzled caramel, crunchy almond toppings and chocolate. Available in Double Chocolate Almond and Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate flavors. Free from artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. Each bar delivers 28 percent of your daily value of fiber at 7 grams per one bar serving.
- Annie’s Popcorn – A scrumptious snack that’s best enjoyed by the handful, new Annie’s Popcorn is available in Organic Butter & Sea Salt and Organic White Cheddar varieties. Free from artificial flavors, synthetic colors and preservatives. Naturally gluten free.
- Häagen-Dazs “Fruit and flowers” ice cream (China only) – A brand new line of “fruit and flowers” flavors – such as Rose, Raspberry & Lychee, and Elderflower & Blackcurrant – deliver an aromatic experience as beautiful as the packaging.
- LÄRABAR Fruit and Greens bar – Each bar has 1/4 cup of kale or spinach plus delicious fruits and nuts. Available in Strawberry Spinach Cashew; Pineapple Kale Cashew and Mango Spinach Cashew varieties.
- Liberté Yogurt new flavors – Earlier this year, Liberté transitioned all of its yogurts to USDA certified organic. In January, look for new Indonesian Vanilla Bean, and a limited batch flavor of Nicaraguan Coffee Bean made with organic direct trade Intelligentsia coffee.
- Old El Paso Stand ‘N’ Stuff Minis (Europe, Australia) – Known as Mini Taco Boats in the U.S., Old El Paso mini taco shells are making a big splash into Europe. An innovative departure from the traditional tortilla, these easy-to-hold creations are perfect for kids and appetizers.
- Wanchai Ferry Kids (China only) – Launching in time for the Chinese New Year, these dumplings come in colorful wrappers, are a smaller size for kids, and have nutritional ingredients like pork, salmon and shrimp that appeal to moms.
- Yoplait Dippers – Rich creamy non-fat Yoplait Greek yogurt is paired with crunchy snacks made for dipping. Available in six combinations from sweet to savory: Chocolate Raspberry Chunk Yogurt with Chocolate Pretzels, Caramelized Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Pretzels, Vanilla Bean Yogurt with Honey Oat Bites, Toasted Coconut Yogurt with Honey Oat Bites, Chipotle Ranch Yogurt with Tortilla Chips, or Coffee Chocolate Chunk Yogurt with Cinnamon Crisps. No artificial colors/flavors. No high fructose corn syrup.
- Yoplait Whole Milk yogurt (Canada only) – Yogurt the entire family can enjoy with all the goodness of whole milk along with a deliciously thick and creamy texture.
Image – General Mills