Iron Chef America fans will be pleased to learn that the popular Food Network series is getting a fresh reboot with Iron Chef Gauntlet, premiering April 16, on Food Network.
Story continues below
The six-episode primetime event features returning host Alton Brown with seven chefs competing for the chance to become the next Iron Chef.
Each week during the series one chef will rise and one will fall until a single chef is left standing, but in order to gain entry into the ultimate culinary society, one gladiator must win the Gauntlet – three rapid-succession battles, each against one of the following three legendary Iron Chefs: Bobby Flay, Masaharu Morimoto or Michael Symon.
Here’s a look at the seven Iron Chef Gauntlet competitors:
- Nyesha Arrington (Los Angeles, California – Executive Chef/Owner, Leona)
- Jason Dady (San Antonio, Texas – Executive Chef/Owner, Tre Trattoria)
- Sarah Grueneberg (Chicago, Illinois – Executive Chef/Owner, Monteverde)
- Michael Gulotta (New Orleans, Louisiana – Executive Chef/Owner MOPHO)
- Stephanie Izard (Chicago, Illinois – Executive Chef/Owner Girl & the Goat)
- Shota Nakajima (Seattle, Washington – Executive Chef/Owner, Adana)
- Jonathon Sawyer (Cleveland, Ohio – Executive Chef/Owner, The Greenhouse Tavern).
Guest judges include Iron Chefs Geoffrey Zakarian, Cat Cora, Marc Forgione, Jose Garces and Alex Guarnaschelli, and food experts Donatella Arpaia, Ali Bouzari, Anne Burrell, Giada De Laurentiis, Anya Fernald, Ching-He Huang and Ludo Lefebvre.
Iron Chef Gauntlet premieres Sunday, April 16th at 9 p.m. ET/PT, preceded by the one-hour special The Legend of Iron Chef at 8 p.m. ET/PT, which celebrates historic moments, and followed by the series premiere of Iron Chef Eats at 10 p.m. ET/PT, where familiar faces from Iron Chef reveal their favorite food spots from around the country.
Images – Food Network