Panera Bread’s “clean crusade” continues with the launch their new line of 100 percent clean, non-carbonated craft beverages made with no artificial sweeteners, preservatives, flavors or colors from artificial sources.
The new line of drinks will start rolling out in select cities beginning April 5, 2017, with nationwide availability by September.
Made fresh daily, the new drinks come in a range of sweetness levels (20-oz):
- Iced Black Tea: A simple classic, freshly brewed (0 calories, 0g added sugar).
- Plum Ginger Hibiscus Tea: A hint of sweetness from apple pieces, with a little spice from ginger and tartness from hibiscus. (0 calories, 0g added sugar).
- Prickly Pear Hibiscus Fresca: Fruity and bright, with just a touch of tart and a hint of lime. Gets it slightly sweet flavor from fruit juice and puree (100 calories, 0g added sugar).
- Passion Papaya Green Tea: Gets its flavor from the taste of passionfruit and papaya, with less added cane sugar than before (130 calories, 30g added sugar).
- Agave Lemonade: Made simply with just cold-pressed lemon juice, agave and cane sugar (140 calories, 34g added sugar).
- Blood Orange Lemonade: A blend of orange and blood orange, lemon, carrot flavors and turmeric. Sweet and tart with just a hint of spice. Sweetened with fruit juice, puree and cane sugar (160 calories, 33g added sugar).
For comparison purposes, a typical 20-oz soda has up to 75 grams of added sugar.
Image – Panera Bread