McDonald’s unveils the Limited Edition MacCoin in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the chain’s iconic Big Mac sandwich.
More than 6.2 million collectible MacCoins will be distributed globally in more than 50 countries while supplies last.
Beginning at lunch time on Thursday, August 2, 2018 fans will be offered one free MacCoin with the purchase of a Big Mac at 14,000 participating restaurants across the U.S., while supplies last. Starting Friday, August 3, you can redeem your MacCoin for a free Big Mac at participating locations in the U.S. and in more than 50 participating countries worldwide.
MacCoin highlights by decade:
- The ’70s: Showcases the decade of flower power
- The ‘80s: A nod to pop art.
- The ‘90s: Defined by bold, abstract shapes.
- The early ‘00s: A focus on the technology that was at the forefront of the turn of the century.
- The ‘10s: Calling attention to the evolution of communication.
While the MacCoin has no cash value, it is redeemable for one free Big Mac at participating McDonald’s restaurants through 2018.
Images – McDonald’s