On tonight’s episode of Bar Rescue, Jon Taffer and his team are in the Lone Star State to rescue the Kiva Bar and Lounge. The Kiva is a multi-use venue located on the square in San Marcos, Texas. It offers various forms of entertainment, including live music from four to seven nights a week, karaoke three nights a week, pool, darts, and food.
According to the episode synopsis, the Kiva is owned by a pair of burned out rockers (Miles Altgelt and Henry Hogensen) who racked up $200,000 in loses over just two years of owning the bar.
During the rescue, which took place back in early June 2018, Taffer changed the name of Kiva to The Morgue Bar and Grill. The owners did not keep the name and reverted back to Kiva a couple of months after the makeover.
The Morgue Bar and Grill is DoA:
Kiva Back From The Dead
A Closer Look
- Here’s the Kiva Lounge and Bar website.
- You can check out owners Miles Altgelt and Henry Hogensen on their personal Facebook pages.
- Here are the Kiva’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
- You can check out online reviews of the Kiva via Google Reviews and Yelp.
- The Kiva is holding a Watch Party on Sunday night to celebrate the episode premiere on Paramount Network. Entertainment will be provided Bogan Villa.
The Kiva Google Street View
Episode Teaser Video
Image – YouTube/Screengrab