Edgar’s is a fine dining establishment owned by executive chef Glenn Gillespie. The restaurant is located at Akron’s city-owned Good Park Golf Course.
The Restaurant Impossible makeover took place in August 2019.
According to the episode synopsis, Glenn is less than honest with Robert, which creates a new set of problems:
Chef Robert Irvine is in Akron, Ohio, to save Edgar’s Restaurant. Fixing a restaurant in only two days is impossible enough, but when Glenn, the restaurant’s owner, is less than honest with Robert, it creates a whole new set of problems. If Robert can’t figure out what makes Glenn tick, this restaurant has no chance.
According to the Akron Beacon Journal, Robert Irvine took away the smoked prime rib, but Glenn “brought the popular dish back shortly after the show’s crew left town.” Glenn also brought back other items that Robert culled from the menu, including brisket sandwiches and crusted grouper salad.
A Closer Look
- Here’s Glenn’s personal Facebook page, but he hasn’t been active recently.
- You can check out online reviews for Edgar’s at Google Reviews, Trip Advisor, and Yelp.
- Here’s the Edgar’s Restaurant website.
- Edgar’s is also active on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
- Edgar’ is hosting a free watch party in celebration of the Restaurant Impossible episode debut on Food Network.
Image via Twitter/@RobertIrvine