UPDATE: Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, Friendly’s has postponed this event and will announce a new date at a future time. The brand is apologizing for the disappointment.
Our original article – no longer available – continues below.
Friendly’s is celebrating the earliest vernal equinox in over a century by offering 50 percent off signature SuperMelt sandwiches on March 19, 2020.
First introduced more than 30 years ago, the brand’s SuperMelts feature a combination of melted cheese and grilled bread paired with a variety of savory and tender proteins.
Friendly’s SuperMelt lineup includes the following six varieties:
- Honey BBQ Chicken SuperMelt Sandwich: Country-breaded, all-white chicken tenders covered in sweet honey BBQ sauce, melted cheddar cheese, crispy applewood-smoked bacon and Ranch dressing on grilled sourdough bread.
- Turkey Club SuperMelt Sandwich: Hand-carved turkey breast layered with applewood-smoked bacon, melted American cheese, tomato and Thousand Island dressing on freshly grilled sourdough bread.
- Philly Steak & Cheese SuperMelt Sandwich: Savory grilled sirloin steak thinly sliced and topped with sautéed green peppers and onions, with melted American cheese on just-off-the-grill sourdough bread.
- Reuben SuperMelt Sandwich: Tender brisket corned beef, melted Swiss cheese, tangy sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing on freshly grilled honey-dill rye bread.
- Fishamajig SuperMelt Sandwich: Traditional golden-breaded Haddock topped off with melted American cheese and tartar sauce on grilled white bread.
- Tuna Salad SuperMelt Sandwich: Albacore tuna salad with melty American cheese and tomato on perfectly grilled sourdough bread.
Friendly’s is inviting fans to celebrate the first day of spring by enjoying any SuperMelt at any of its restaurants for a discounted price of 50 percent off on Thursday, March 19, 2020. The offer includes fries and is valid for dine-in only.
Image – Friendly’s