El Pollo Loco rings in the 2020 holiday season by bringing back a variety of seasonal fan-favorites, including a new line of Holiday Tamale Bowls.
Inspired by the cultural traditions of the company’s Mexican roots, El Pollo Loco’s 2020 holiday menu includes:
Holiday Tamale Bowls offer a fresh twist on the traditional dish served on a bed of rice and beans and finished with creamy queso blanco, locally-sourced queso fresco or fresh slices of Hass avocado and chicken tinga. Available in three bowl options: Double Tamale Avocado, Crispy Tamale & Chicken Tinga, and Loaded Chicken Queso Tamale.
- Crispy Tamale & Tinga Bowl: Lightly crisp chicken tamale paired with chicken tinga – tender shredded chicken in a savory smoky adobo sauce. Topped with freshly sliced avocado and sour cream and served over a bed of rice and beans.
- Double Tamale Avocado Bowl: Two chicken tamales topped with enchilada sauce, freshly sliced avocado, queso fresco, and cilantro. All served over a bed of savory rice and beans.
- Loaded Chicken Queso Tamale Bowl: Chicken tamale and chopped fire-grilled chicken topped with creamy queso blanco, handmade guacamole, and fresh pico de gallo. All served over a bed of savory rice and beans.
- Chicken Tamale: Tamales made with tender masa filled with chicken slowly simmered in roja sauce. Available a la carte for $2.49 each, or five for $9.99. You can also get a bundle of 12 for $19.99, although prices may vary.
- Chicken Pozole Verde: Homemade with fire-grilled pollo and tender hominy, slow simmered in a rich broth of tomatillo, garlic, onion and chilies.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate: Rich Abuelita Chocolate, spiced with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla, topped with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon sugar.
El Pollo Loco’s 2020 holiday menu can be found at participating locations nationwide through the holiday season.
Image – El Pollo Loco