More than 10,000 Subway restaurants across the country will close at 6:00 p.m. local time on Monday, July 12, 2021 to prepare for the largest menu update in the brand’s history and a one million sub sandwich giveaway.
Story continues below
Starting Tuesday, July 13, Subway’s Eat Fresh Refresh arrives in US restaurants nationwide with more than 20 menu updates, including 11 new and improved ingredients, six all-new or returning sandwiches, and four revamped signature sandwiches.
Among the highlights, Subway will introduce two new fresh-baked breads – Artisan Italian and Hearty Multigrain – both of which were in development for over two years. The new-recipe Artisan Italian Bread features a crispy crust and soft center, while new Hearty Multigrain Bread is made with Amber soft grain and three types of seeds, showcasing its naturally sweet flavor.
One Million Sub Sandwich Giveaway
When restaurants open on Tuesday, July 13, Subway will give away up to one million free subs from 10:00 a.m. to noon local time. Fans can visit any participating Subway Restaurant and get a free six-inch new Turkey Cali Fresh sub upon request.
Here’s a closer look at Subway’s Eat Fresh Refresh menu update:
- Smashed Avocado: Made with only two ingredients – sea salt and fresh hand-scooped Haas avocados – the new smashed avocado topping is clean and simple, with ripe avocado flavor and plenty of texture.
- BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella: New to the brand’s line-up of cheeses, BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella, is sourced from the award-winning artisan cheesemakers in Wisconsin. It was voted the best-tasting fresh mozzarella you can buy and is made with fresh local milk, resulting in a soft and delicate texture.
- MVP Parmesan Vinaigrette: A new one-of-a-kind MVP parmesan vinaigrette featuring multiple herbs and savory notes of garlic and parmesan that give it a full, bright and tangy flavor.
- Bacon: New crispier bacon is hickory-smoked for five hours on hardwood, for a natural sweet-and-smoky taste with no artificial flavors and colors.
- Black Forest Ham: New Black Forest Ham is now sliced deli-thin.
- Oven Roasted Turkey: New slow-roasted turkey is lean and sliced deli-thin.
- Steak: New shaved steak that is seasoned, marinated, glazed and cut thicker.
- Rotisserie-Style Chicken: Back by popular demand, rotisserie-style chicken is hand-pulled, juicy and tender, and seasoned with the secret rub.
- Roast Beef: Roast beef is coming back to the menu in the form of new Premium Angus roast beef, starting fall of 2021.
New and Returning Sandwich Builds
- New Turkey Cali Fresh: Oven roasted turkey, hickory-smoked bacon, smashed avocado, BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella, mayo, spinach, red onion and tomatoes on freshly baked Hearty Multigrain bread.
- New Steak Cali Fresh: Steak, hickory-smoked back, smashed avocado, Belgioioso Fresh Mozzarella topped with spinach, red onion, tomatoes and mayo on freshly baked Hearty Multigrain bread.
- New Subway Club: Oven Roasted Turkey, Black Forest Ham, Roast Beef, Lettuce, Tomato and Red Onions on Hearty Multigrain Bread, back by popular demand.
- New All-American Club: Oven Roasted Turkey, Black Forest Ham and hickory-smoked bacon, with American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and red onions on toasted Artisan Italian bread.
- Returning Rotisserie-Style Chicken: Fans can choose from the array of new ingredients, along with old favorites, to complete their Rotisserie-Style Chicken sandwiches.
- Retunring Roast Beef: Fan-favorite roast beef returns this fall with a better, premium angus roast beef.
- Refreshed favorites like the Oven-Roasted Turkey, Chicken Bacon Ranch, Black Forest Ham and Steak & Cheese sandwiches, made with new and improved ingredients.
Enhanced Customer Experience
Subway is also making the digital ordering experience simpler and more intuitive by meeting customers where they are on the Subway App, Subway.com and through third-party delivery partners. The enhancements will provide the same customized and consistent experience found in Subway restaurants. The updated Subway App features a new dashboard, improved ordering flow and insight into out-of-stock items with further updates planned for the fall. Additionally, Subway Delivery is rolling out nationwide in select areas and allows fans to place delivery orders through the Subway App and Subway.com. Fans visiting Subway in-person will find restaurant design refinements and remodels along with Sandwich Artists ready to serve the new menu and offer an improved restaurant experience.
Images – Subway