Story continues below
Griff’s Las Vegas is a premier non-smoking bar and billiard hall that is at risk of closing as its owner Mark Griffin struggles to recover from the effects of the pandemic and his inept manager.
Mark Griffin bought and remodelled Griff’s Bar and Billiards in 2016. No stranger to the billiards business, Griff’s is the seventh pool room Mark has owned and operated. While Mark focused his attention on the billiards room, he hired long-time acquaintance Gary Lutman to run the bar and kitchen. Griff’s did very well for the first few years, but when the pandemic hit, Griff’s was forced to close its doors three times. To make matters worse, Mark – a double-lung transplant recipient – contracted COVID-19 and was largely absent from Griff’s during his recovery. When Mark finally returned, he felt Gary failed to step up during his absence, leaving Griff’s in jeopardy of closing down for good.
The rescue happened in April 2021.
A Closer Look
- Here’s the Griff’s Bar and Billiards website.
- Griff’s is also active on Facebook and Instargam.
- Griff’s is hosting a watch party for the episode premiere on Paramount Network.
- Owner Mark Griffin uses his Facebook page to promote events at Griff’s.
- General Manager Gary Lutman also promotes Griff’s on his Facebook page.
- You can check out post-rescue reviews via Google Reviews and Yelp.
- Griff’s owner, Mark Griffin, is the founder and past CEO of CueSports International, which owns BCA Pool League and USA Pool Leagues.
Googe Street View of Griff’s
Image – YouTube/Screengrab