Detroit-Style pizza is back on the menu at Pizza Hut locations nationwide for a limited time.
To celebrate its return, Pizza Hut is offering Hut Rewards members one day early access beginning August 24, while everyone else can get their hands on the fan-favorite Detroit-Style pizza starting August 25, 2021.
Each Detroit-Style pizza is rectangular-shaped complete with cheese all the way to the edge creating a caramelized crust, loaded with toppings and finished with tracks of premium vine-ripened tomato sauce.
Additionally, and for the first time ever, Detroit-Style pizza will be available as a new ‘Create Your Own’ option, where anyone can create their very own signature Detroit-Style pizza with up to five toppings.
For those who enjoyed the original offerings, three pre-built handcrafted recipes are back, including:
- Double Pepperoni: Complete with 32 slices of regular pepperoni and 48 slices of the signature Pizza Hut Crispy Cupped Pepperoni.
- Meaty Deluxe: Loaded with bacon, Italian sausage and Crispy Cupped Pepperoni.
- Supremo: Topped with Italian sausage, red onions and green bell peppers.
According to Pizza Hut, demand for the Detroit-Style pizza proved to be so high when it made its initial debut that the brand was forced to pull Detroit-Style advertising nearly two weeks early because the pizza was selling out sooner than expected.
Other interesting Detroit-Style tidbits:
- The most popular Detroit-Style pizza was the Double Pepperoni.
- Demand for Detroit-Style was double (sometimes triple) in the Detroit-area.
- The launch of Detroit-Style was so big, it created a spike in Google searches for the phrase “Detroit-Style Pizza.”
Detroit-Style pizza is available now at participating locations nationwide for contactless delivery, carryout, curbside pickup or the recently introduced digital order pick-up window, The Hut Lane.
Image courtesy of Pizza Hut/Chew Boom Mashup