Detroit-Style pizza is back on the menu at Pizza Hut locations nationwide for a limited time.
Story continues below
To celebrate its return, Pizza Hut is offering Hut Rewards members one day early access beginning August 24, while everyone else can get their hands on the fan-favorite Detroit-Style pizza starting August 25, 2021.
Each Detroit-Style pizza is rectangular-shaped complete with cheese all the way to the edge creating a caramelized crust, loaded with toppings and finished with tracks of premium vine-ripened tomato sauce.
Additionally, and for the first time ever, Detroit-Style pizza will be available as a new ‘Create Your Own’ option, where anyone can create their very own signature Detroit-Style pizza with up to five toppings.
For those who enjoyed the original offerings, three pre-built handcrafted recipes are back, including:
- Double Pepperoni: Complete with 32 slices of regular pepperoni and 48 slices of the signature Pizza Hut Crispy Cupped Pepperoni.
- Meaty Deluxe: Loaded with bacon, Italian sausage and Crispy Cupped Pepperoni.
- Supremo: Topped with Italian sausage, red onions and green bell peppers.
According to Pizza Hut, demand for the Detroit-Style pizza proved to be so high when it made its initial debut that the brand was forced to pull Detroit-Style advertising nearly two weeks early because the pizza was selling out sooner than expected.
Other interesting Detroit-Style tidbits:
- The most popular Detroit-Style pizza was the Double Pepperoni.
- Demand for Detroit-Style was double (sometimes triple) in the Detroit-area.
- The launch of Detroit-Style was so big, it created a spike in Google searches for the phrase “Detroit-Style Pizza.”
Detroit-Style pizza is available now at participating locations nationwide for contactless delivery, carryout, curbside pickup or the recently introduced digital order pick-up window, The Hut Lane.
Image courtesy of Pizza Hut/Chew Boom Mashup