Friendly’s looks to appeal to a younger demographic while still catering to longtime guests with the debut of 12 new menu items, including the new new Doritos Cool Ranch ChoppedCheese Burger, Aloha Stir Fry Chicken and more.
Story continues below
As part of the menu revamp, Friendly’s cut the number of items, reducing the eight-page menu to just two pages, while adding two new menu categories with pasta and chopped burgers, as well as expanding the salad selection.
Here’s a closer look at the 12 new items:
- Tater Kegs: Five jumbo tater kegs stuffed with Cheddar, bacon and chives, topped off with sour cream.
- $100,000 Cobb Salad: A hearty salad topped with boiled egg, crumbled Bleu cheese, chopped bacon, cranberries, golden raisins, diced tomato and savory thin sliced chicken breast tossed with Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing.
- Chicken Caesar Salad: Mixed lettuce, thinly sliced chicken breast, shaved Parmesan and garlic croutons tossed in creamy asiago caesar dressing.
- Jammed-Up Burger: A classic beef patty and white cheddar cheese, heaped with a generous layer of cheesy beef brisket, lettuce, tomato and fig jam on a brioche bun.
- Cheese Skirt Burger: A beef patty with a cheese skirt made with crispy Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese plus Thousand Island dressing, lettuce, onion, tomato and pickle chips on a brioche bun.
- Doritos Cool Ranch ChoppedCheese Burger: A juicy beef patty topped with Pepper Jack cheese, onions, jalapenos and salsa, then smothered with ranch dressing and topped with Cool Ranch tortilla chips, all packed inside a grilled ciabatta roll.
- Tex-Mex Alfredo Taco Pasta: A Bolognese style Tex-Mex meat sauce and hearty pasta tossed in a creamy Alfredo Sriracha taco sauce. It comes served with toasted ciabatta bread.
- Bangin’ Beef Stroganoff: A thin sliced sirloin steak coated in a creamy mushroom, onion and garlic sauce and tossed with perfectly cooked pasta. The dish is served with thick ciabatta toast.
- American Cheese Brisket SuperMelt: Beef brisket and melty American cheese stacked on parmesan-grilled sourdough.
- Grilled Chicken Mozza SuperMelt: Thin-sliced chicken breast, roasted red peppers and basil pesto sauce all layered between thick white Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses on grilled sourdough.
- Oven Roasted Beef Brisket: Six ounces of extra tender brisket, served with steamed vegetables, gravy-topped garlic red skin mashed potatoes, and thick ciabatta toast.
- Aloha Stir Fry Chicken: Chicken with vegetable and pineapple rice in a light sauce, along with crisp chow mein noodles.
In addition to the 12 new menu items, Friendly’s is also featuring a new ice cream flavor and new creations.
The brand’s new Barking Pretzel ice cream flavor features a brown sugar-flavored ice cream swirled with peanut butter, chocolate-coated pretzel pieces and salty pretzel bark pieces.
Meanwhile, the new Barking Pretzel Shortcake Sundae, Barking Pretzel Fribble, and Barking Pretzel Brownie Tower are three of the latest confections coming to the menu featuring the new ice cream. Friendly’s signature Fribble will get an update with the addition of whipped cream and a cherry on top, and the menu will also have a new Fudgy PB Nut Fribble.
To celebrate the new menu, dine-in and online order customers will receive a free medium sundae with the purchase of a $100,000 Cobb Salad, Chicken Caesar Salad, Jammed-Up Burger, Doritos Cool Ranch ChoppedCheese Burger, Tex-Mex Alfredo Taco Pasta, or the Grilled Chicken Mozza SuperMelt through April 30, 2022.
Friendly’s revamped menu can be enjoyed for dine-in, online or with the Friendly’s app for takeout and delivery.
Image via Friendly’s