Story continues below
According to the episode synopsis, when Robert arrives at Smith’s Soul Food Bistro he finds owner Cheryl – an ex-basketball coach – on a mission to help kids in her community find their purpose through working at her restaurant. “Unfortunately, Cheryl has no idea how to run the place. She’s hemorrhaging money, and Smith’s is on the verge of closing. Robert must teach Cheryl to run her restaurant with the discipline she learned on the court or risk leaving a lot of kids out in the cold.”
The makeover happened back in early December 2021.
A Closer Look
- Smith’s Soul Food Bistro has a couple of websites, here and here.
- Smith’s Soul Food Bistro is also active on Facebook.
- Owner Cheryl uses her Facebook page to promote her restaurant.
- You can check out post-makeover online reviews via Google Reviews and Yelp.
- The restaurant is hosting a watch party for the episode premier on Food Network.
Google Street View of Smith’s Soul Food Bistro
Image via Twitter/@RobertIrvine