Walmart looks to up its pizza game with the introduction of new limited-edition Marketside Flatbreads and Street Pizzas, as well as a new upgraded crust on the brand’s private label line of traditional Marketside Pizzas.
Story continues below
The melding of new flavors with classic pizza pie offers the palate “something to dance about,” while the new, rectangular Italian Street Pizza features a sourdough crust, with crisp, wavy edges.
New, limited-time pizza flavors include:
- Marketside Mexican Street Corn Style Flatbread ($5.50): A flatbread topped with fire-roasted corn, lime-spiked crema and diced jalapeño, loaded with whole milk mozzarella and grated parmesan with a spicy chili sprinkle.
- Marketside Medium Nashville Hot Chicken Pizza ($7.00): Featuring the flavors of the South, this hearty pizza is topped with spicy Nashville hot sauce, blackened chicken breast chunks, red onion strops and diced pickles, with whole milk mozzarella and yellow cheddar.
- Marketside Sausage Italian Street Pizza ($7.00): Offering a taste of Italy, this Street Pizza is topped with coarse ground fennel sausage, fresh mozzarella balls, black pepper cream sauce, sweet caramelized onions and green onions, with a garlic oil drizzle and Italian herb finish.
New San Giacomo Crust
Additionally, Walmart’s Marketside Pizzas now feature a new San Giacomo crust, which is reminiscent of what you would find in Italy or at an upscale pizzeria, featuring double OO pizza flour, and sourdough, dusted with breadcrumbs for a crispy bottom, and baked in a high-heat oven to create bubbles and fresh-baked texture. San Giacomo crust comes in 12” and 16” traditional rounds, including:
- Traditional Crust Medium: Available in Cheese, Pepperoni, Ultimate Meat.
- Traditional Thin Crust Medium: Available in Meat Trio, Bacon Extreme.
- Traditional XL Crust: Available in Supreme, Pepperoni, Cheese .
Image via Walmart