Starbucks today announced the debut of a transformational innovation in coffee called Starbucks Oleato – a new platform that infuses Starbucks arabica coffee with Partanna cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, resulting in a velvety smooth, delicately sweet, and lush coffee that uplifts each cup with a new flavor and texture.
Story continues below
Unveiled at the Starbucks Reserve Roastery Milan and Starbucks Italy stores, Oleato is set to launch in select markets worldwide over the coming year.
The new beverage platform, which launches in Starbucks stores in Italy on February 22, 2023 includes: Oleato Caffè Latte, Oleato Iced Shaken Espresso, and Oleato Golden Foam Cold Brew.
The Starbucks Reserve Roastery Milan will also debut five beverages to customers on February 22: Oleato Caffè Latte, Oleato Iced Cortado, Oleato Golden Foam Cold Brew, Oleato Deconstructed, and Oleato Golden Foam Espresso Martini.
Starbucks will begin to introduce the beverages in select markets around the world, starting with Southern California in the United States this spring. Later this year, Japan, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom will launch the beverages.
Oleato, The New Coffee Ritual
Partanna created a highly curated blend of extra virgin olive oil from the finest Mediterranean olives, including the high-quality Nocellara del Belice (also called Castelvetrano) olives from Partanna, Sicily. The blend was thoughtfully selected to pair with Starbucks coffee, which is then skillfully infused in the beverage to unlock a smooth and experience like no other.
Starbucks Oleato beverages that will be served in Starbucks stores around the world include:
- Oleato Caffè Latte: Starbucks Blonde Espresso Roast, a light roast that is smooth and subtly sweet, is infused with Partanna extra virgin olive oil and steamed with creamy oatmilk to create a velvety smooth, deliciously lush latte.
- Oleato Golden Foam Cold Brew: The aroma of lush Partanna extra virgin olive oil infused cold foam cascades slowly through the dark, smooth cold brew, creating a subtle sweetness in the beverage.
- Oleato Iced Shaken Espresso: This coffee-forward beverage offers layers of flavor sweetened with notes of hazelnuts, rich espresso and creamy oatmilk infused with Partanna extra virgin olive oil.
In select markets, customers will also be able to add a press – the equivalent to a spoonful – of Partanna extra virgin olive oil as a customization to select beverages. The press will then be infused (steamed, shaken, or blended) as a customization into select drinks such as espresso beverages and tea lattes. Golden Foam will also be available as a customization, which can be added as a delicious topping on both hot and cold beverages.
Designed to pair with Starbucks Reserve coffee, the Starbucks Reserve Roastery Milan today debuted five Starbucks Reserve Oleato beverages:
- Oleato Caffè Latte: Starbucks Reserve Espresso and creamy oatmilk infused with Partanna extra virgin olive oil create a velvety latte.
- Oleato Iced Cortado: Starbucks Reserve Espresso, demerara syrup, and a dash of orange bitters and oatmilk is infused with Partanna extra virgin olive oil. It is then served over ice and finished with an orange peel.
- Oleato Golden Foam Cold Brew: Starbucks Reserve Cold Brew is lightly sweetened with demerara syrup and finished with Partanna extra virgin olive oil infused cold foam, creating an inviting aroma and subtle sweetness.
- Oleato Deconstructed: An ode to the Italian tradition of combining olive oil with a squeeze of lemon. This beverage pairs Starbucks Reserve Espresso and Partanna extra virgin olive oil infused with a luxurious passionfruit cold foam.
- Oleato Golden Foam Espresso Martini: Starbucks Reserve Espresso, vodka and vanilla bean syrup topped with golden foam – a fusion of fior di latte (sweet cream) and Partanna extra virgin olive oil.
Image via Starbucks