For the first time in almost a year and half, Van Leeuwen today announced it is bringing back Kraft Mac & Cheese Ice Cream alongside seven new, limited-time flavors, to be sold exclusively at Walmart locations nationwide starting October 23, 2023.
Story continues below
Originally introduced in July of 2021 to celebrate National Macaroni & Cheese Day, Kraft Mac & Cheese Ice Cream went viral and the initial 6,000 pints sold out in an hour. One month later, Van Leeuwen brought the ice cream back as an exclusive online offering, and then in March 2022 launched it in Walmart stores nationwide as a limited run, which proved to be the most successful limited-edition Van Leeuwen’s item with Walmart ever. Now, for the first time in over a year, it will make a comeback just in time for the 2023 holiday season.
Here’s a closer look at Van Leeuwen’s Winter Flavors:
- Kraft Mac & Cheese: Creamy ice cream churned with actual powdered cheese from Kraft’s macaroni boxes.
- Dill Pickle: This tangy yet sweet pickle ice cream is more pickle-ized with a dill pickle swiri.
- Peppermint Stick: Sweet cream ice cream with a dash of pure peppermint extract along with crushed peppermint candy pieces.
- Caramel Sticky Bun: Cinnamon brown sugar ice cream with swirls of caramel and cinnamon bun pieces.
- Peanut Butter Fudge Pretzel: Peanut butter ice cream with swirls of fudge and pieces of praline pretzels.
- Kettle Corn: A sweet corn and butter ice cream with pieces of honeycomb for a subtly sweet yet salty taste.
- Holiday Cookies & Cream: Festive red ice cream with dark chocolate cookies and a rich cream filling topped off with swirls of jolly green frosting.
All Winter flavors will be available at 3,200 Walmart stores nationwide to purchase for $4.98 through December 26, 2023 or while supplies last.
Image via Van Leeuwen