The company exceeded the 2016 target goal by 1,920 people or almost 30 percent. Here’s how the numbers break down:
- 44,392 people applied for crew and management positions
- 8,920 new crew and restaurant management employees hired on April 6th, 2016
- 3,018 new employees hired in Ontario
- 3,471 new employees hired in Quebec and the Atlantic provinces
- 2,431 new employees hired in Western Canada
- 650 new Guest Experience Leaders hired
“The new recruits will hold a variety of positions including, restaurant managers, cooks, crew, and hospitality roles including the new Guest Experience Leaders working in the dining room,” the company said in a statement.
Since first establishing the annual one-day hiring event in 2011, McDonald’s Canada and its franchisees have welcomed over 36,000 new recruits to restaurant teams nationwide.