This week on Bar Rescue, Jon Taffer and crew are in Coolidge, Arizona on a mission to rescue the Gallopin’ Goose. The Gallopin’ Goose is co-owned by Scott Wohrman and Stacey Wohrman. They purchased the successful country bar as a married couple in 2009, but divorced shortly after because of Scott’s infidelity. Scott got his girlfriend pregnant and Stacey packed her bags and took their 2 kids to California.
Story continues below
In 2013, Stacey decided to return to Coolidge with her 2 children to give Scott a second chance. But Scott never made the transition into a proactive owner and let the business slide into disarray.
When Scott first purchased the bar, it did very well, pulling in $80,000 during its most successful month. Things went downhill fast. Now, with the The Gallopin’ Goose $370,000 in debt and losing $2,000 a month, the bar is reportedly 6 months away from shutting down.
The makeover took place back in January, and Taffer did not rename or rebrand the bar.
During the makeover, Taffer and his team gave the bar a complete renovation, including a new bar, lights, and tables and chairs, reupholstered booths, updated the stage and added a new music and video system.
A Closer Look
According to the liquor license issued by Arizona Department of Liquor, Robert Wohrman is the Gallopin’ Goose’s liquor licensee. Public records here list Robert Scott Wohrman as the President and CEO of the Gallopin’ Goose Saloon. A local report from May 2013, shows Robert Wohrman, 41, was arrested on April 19 for driving under the influence.
Judging by the construction of large addition to the Gallopin’ Goose in March, it’s probably fair to assume that the bar is doing very well since the rescue.
You can check out the Gallopin’ Goose on Facebook, they also have a website, but it doesn’t appear to be maintained. You can check out Scott Wohrman’s personal Facebook Page, as well as Stacey’s Facebook Page (Stacey Rebecca Barnes). Here’s a link to Amber Wiese’s Facebook Page, a bartender who appears in the episode. Here’s a link to Victoria Gibson’s Facebook Page, another bartender and server at the bar.
Back in 2014, an inmate escaped from an Arizona jail so he could enjoy Valentine’s Day dinner with his girlfriend at the Gallopin’ Goose. A manhunt ensued, and the fugitive was arrested at the Gallopin’ Goose.
The Gallopin’ Goose is holding a viewing party during Sunday’s broadcast on Spike. From what we understand, the bar will be showing the East Coast feed at 6 p.m., local time, as opposed to the local broadcast a 9 p.m. If you’re in the area, the party starts at 4:00 p.m.
The Reviews Are In
- Good, satisfying meal with friendly attentive service! When you go to Casa Grande, go to The Galloping Goose!
- Fast friendly service. Very good selection of sandwiches and food. Good Sunday brunch specials. They are finishing up renovations started by Bar Makeover folks.
- Love, love, love this place. My girlfriend brought me here to listen to some live country music and maybe get a little dancing in. She described it as a dive bar and while the exterior (facing the road can cause one to pass it on by, it would be a mistake if you did.
- Nice place, indoor and outdoor tables……night I was there Rowdy Johnson Band was playing……really, one of the best bands playing.
- Quick, happy service and a variety of burgers to please. Probably one of the best burgers I have had in the last three years.
- Ordered a burger with bacon and the bacon was forgotten. Food was warm and filling but would not go back.
- The food is hit and miss. I guess it depends who’s cooking. I’ve known people that have been there and raved about it. On my very first visit, it was a BIG MISS. My burger was so greasy my bun disintegrated before it made it to the table.
- went in for a beer and food and was met with the rudest bartender, with bright dyed red hair, that was clearly unhappy to be working.
You can check out the teaser videos below for this week’s Bar Rescue episode titled “Raising Arizona”
Family Scandal Threatens Failing Bar
After his painful divorce, the owner of this Coolidge, AZ watering hole has let his business slip into disarray.
Taffer Gives Owner A Taste Of Reality
Jon Taffer becomes fed up with Scott’s poor attitude and leadership. He makes Scott aware of these feelings.
Images – Facebook, YouTube